Dr. Barbara Wilson
Hand and Wrist Surgeon in Houston, TXWilson Hand Surgery, PLLC
Double board certified in hand surgery and general surgery, Dr. Wilson brings 29 years of experience to her practice at the Texas Medical Center.
Dr. Wilson's philosophy is to treat patients like family with efficient, excellent and accurate care. She practices the latest advances supported by the American Society for Surgery of the Hand. She lectures and contributes to the teaching of surgical trainees at the Texas Medical Center. Dr. Wilson performs minimally invasive surgery to address hand problems with the least amount of surgical trauma returning the patient to their full level of function as soon as biology permits.
Medical Mission outreach has been an important commitment since residency when she did volunteer surgery in Africa and Nicaragua. She has contributed to free medical clinics in America and abroad throughout her practice. She is a founding volunteer surgeon in the "Touching Hands" organization of the American Hand Surgery Foundation.
Dr. Wilson is dedicated to the care of all problems of the injured or aging hand, wrist and forearm and continues to extend her reach with commitment to advances in hand surgery and complex wound problems as the science of wound healing evolves.
Dr. Wilson has been an elected member in the American College of Surgeons since 2003. The American College of Surgeons is a scientific and educational association of surgeons that was founded in 1912 to improve the quality of care for the surgical patient by setting high standards for surgical education and practice.
Specialized Hand Training
- Plastic Surgery Microsurgery hand fellowship, Wayne State University
- Orthopedic Upper Extremity Joint Replacement fellowship, Michigan State University, Dr. Alfred Swanson, Former president, American Society Surgery of the Hand
- Trauma hand surgery fellowship, International Award 3 Mon Honorarium in hand trauma, Indiana Hand Center
Certification in Hyperbaric Medicine, Catskill Regional Medical Center
- Undergraduate BA Chemistry Duke University, Wellesley College 1978
- University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, MD 1984
University of Pittsburgh, Surgery Residency & Chief Resident 1990
- Active member Fellowship of the American College of Surgeons
- Active member Texas Medical Association/Harris County Medical Association
- Active member American College of Hyperbaric Medicine
- Active member American Society for Surgery of the Hand
Click HERE to read a published review of Dr. Barbara Wilson.
Doctor participation in the Texas Medical Association work for the benefit for Texans
Texas Medical Association
Improving the health of All Texans
TMA’s 2017 legislative agenda includes priorities to help advance patient care in Texas. Tops on the list are the state budget, insurance reform, scope of practice, telemedicine, the Texas Medical Board, and public health priorities.
The "White Coat Invasion" has been the key to physicians' successes in the Texas Legislature since the inception of First Tuesdays at the Capitol in 2003. Our senators and representatives listen when their hometown doctors appear in their offices. Our influence is so much greater when physicians and alliance members arrive en masse in the House and Senate galleries. It's time again to bring out Texas medicine's strongest weapon.